Steve Jobs

Steve Jobs - Walter Isaacson Biographies are the most trickiest books to review. You get so entwined with this story of a person that it is hard to pry yourself away and not be biased or be weighed upon by your retrospective judgement of someone's life altering decisions. I should say, this book by Mr. Isaacson put me through the paces more vigorously than other biographies. About the book:1. Seems to be well researched in places but elsewhere doled out stuff most already knew like the Stanford speech or the joint interview with Mr. Gates. 2. Language was simple and easily digestible. 3. The pacing too seems to have been given some thought which clearly shows, I personally finished this book without ever feeling bored and distracted. 4. My only gripe was with this edition's jacket, I couldn't put a finger on it but something didn't fit and I would dare say, Mr. Jobs wouldn't have approved. About Mr. Jobs:It would be indecent on my part to comment about a man who was magnanimous enough to open the doors to his private life and let us see the real him. However, I am inclined to point out this one observation I have that should convince a prospective buyer to go ahead with this book. What do you make of a man who says "So, you've figured out the fact that I am an asshole. Why is that news?" A whole lot I would say; brutally honest with self would be a befitting phrase I believe. More so for that tidbit to have been allowed into the book than for him having said that. Above all else, my heart goes out to Mr. Jobs's children who in my opinion are the true heroes of this book. Put yourself in their shoes, how would you feel if your own father was portrayed in the negative (although Mr. Isaacson has dealt with that with utmost sincerity and care)? Not good, I assume. However, here are these kids out there knowing this book exists and allowing it to be because it was their father's wish that it be written that way.