Only Time Will Tell (The Clifton Chronicles)

Only Time Will Tell - Jeffrey Archer When I got to about 70% into this book (you know at the point where the two lovers realize they are & ?) I was fervently praying this wasn't the twin of "The Shadow of the Wind" but it so totally was. Well, the archer fan boys are gonna up in arms by my claim but hear me out, go read "The Shadow of the Wind" by Carlos Ruiz Zafón and tell me this book's premise isn't similar. Fate's evil drama, mixed up destiny, call it whatever you want but anything within five kilometer radius of incest or whereabouts gets my goat. Especially when it is written with the expectation of a plausible chance of a movie adaptation down the road. Oh yes! this book is so screaming for Hollywood's attention that I would bet the author has a script ready already. Not that it is a sin but in my score book that just is a fail. The dark and almost bordering on depression type of treatment that Carlos Ruiz Zafón gave to "The Shadow of the Wind" is miles ahead against this made-for-intellectual-wannabe-teens novel. Read this if you are waiting for a bus and the local store refuses to sell you newspaper. Better luck next time Mr Archer.