The Tell-Tale Brain: A Neuroscientist's Quest for What Makes Us Human

The Tell-Tale Brain: A Neuroscientist's Quest for What Makes Us Human - V.S. Ramachandran Mr. V.S. Ramachandran in this book quite misleadingly tells one more about what the brain is NOT than what it is - perfect. Sort of like a soup with way too much salt; the author promised us this soup of what must have been a conclusive hypothesis of what he knows, which he does about a select few experiments (the phantom hand thing which gets written about so many times in this book) but adds so much of suppositions that it overpowers the taste of factual inference. I know, I know ...he sets expectations around that pretty much in the starting few pages and that we venture deeper into that book with that caveat tied around us like a life-jacket in a swimming pool. My gripe is, and this is my personal dumb opinion, that the author deceives us with a title that sounded like pop psychology written by a credible expert (which is a formula we assume makes a work interesting) but in the end, it turned out to be an intellectual's musings. When you pay to watch a movie, you expect the actor to deliver the goods and act not tell you about how they could've acted. Terrible analogy, I know.