Thinking, Fast and Slow

Thinking, Fast and Slow - Daniel Kahneman If your objective is to implement what Mr. Kahneman has to say in real life and benefit from it, I should warn you, you will be sorely disappointed. Believe it or not, in my opinion, I believe Mr. Kahneman is telling you exactly that in this book - that whether you like it or not, your entire life is guided or may I say decided by two fundamental ideas and that there is very little you can do to change it, period. Mr. Kahneman is probably the villain in every modern day spiritual guru's life, he argues very effectively that contrary to what these gurus may say the external world/ your environment/ surroundings/ or even society for that matter has a large say in your personal deliberate actions. You don't have a choice. So, having said that, shelving this book in psychology section would be gross injustice. In my view this is such a good commentary of human nature. The two are different, very much so. During my growing years, I would have sworn Nathaniel Branden's "Six Pillars of Self Esteem" was my bible in which Mr. Branden very effectively argues how inner will is far stronger than external influences. However, Mr. Kahneman has proven me wrong. Was it destiny that I had to come across this line of thought completely opposite of an ideology I held close to my heart for more than a decade? I would love to see how Mr. Kahneman would dissect this. Read it, totally worth it in my opinion. Can get a little too drab but hang in there, this book is an eye opener.